NEW: ELDT Implementation Resources
SDLA staff can use the materials below to respond to questions about ELDT implementation.
- NEW: Download the ELDT CDL Process Flows job aid (revised 3/22/2022)
- Download the ELDT Applicability Flow Chart
- Download the Training Provider Registry Talking Points
Guidance and FAQs
FMCSA has compiled responses to several of the questions asked by States during the SDLA check-in webinars. Download the SDLA Frequently Asked Questions on ELDT (revised 1/20/2022)
Guidance from FMCSA: How do FMCSA’s ELDT regulations affect State-based training requirements? Read the guidance (Effective 10/14/2021)
FMCSA has developed these customizable materials to help you spread the word about ELDT and the Training Provider Registry with driver applicants, training providers, and other applicable stakeholders.
- UPDATED: Download the SDLA Outreach PowerPoint Template (revised 2/3/2022)
- UPDATED: Download the ELDT/TPR Web Content and Web Graphics (revised 2/3/2022)
Resources for Drivers/CDL Applicants Share the resource below with prospective CDL applicants in your State to ensure they understand the ELDT regulations, and if they are subject.
Download the CDL manual insert on ELDT applicability. Select the file you need from the options below. If you do not see the file you need, please contact us.
- UPDATED: Digital version (good for in-office printing or digital use): Color / Black and white (revised 3/16/2022)
- UPDATED: Print-ready version (for sending to a professional printer): Color (CMYK) / Black and white (revised 3/16/2022)
Resources for Training Providers Share the resources below with training providers in your State to ensure they are preparing for the February 7, 2022 ELDT Compliance Date.
- NEW: Download the How to Submit Driver Training Certification instructional guide
- Download the TPR Training Provider factsheet
- Download the ELDT Curricula Summary
- Download the Countdown to ELDT checklist for training providers
- Watch the March 4, 2021 webinar for training providers
- Launch the interactive Training Providers Guide to ELDT
Training Provider Registration
- Download the registration talking points for responding to training provider questions
- Download the Training Provider Registration Guide
- Launch the interactive Training Provider Registration Tutorial
Training providers can also visit the Training Providers page on the Training Provider Registry website.
Connecting to the TPR Web Service
States that opt to use the "direct connect to TPR Web Service" option may now generate the necessary access credentials. For instructions, see the updated Web Services Development Handbook For SDLAs.
On November 8, 2021, FMCSA hosted a webinar to assist States in generating and using the access credentials needed to set up a direct connection to the TPR Web Service.
- Download the 11/8 webinar presentation
- To access a recording of this webinar you can log in to your SDLA Portal.
- If you don’t have an SDLA Portal account and need to generate access credentials, your State IT staff should request an SDLA TPR user account.
For details on how to connect your State's IT system directly to the TPR Web Service, visit the TPR Developer's Toolkit page.
For details on connecting to the TPR Web Service via CSTIMS or ROOSTR, contact Philip Hadwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SDLA Check-in Webinars
Access materials from previous check-in webinars.
- Download the January 2022 webinar presentation
- Download the October 2021 webinar presentation
- Download the June 2021 webinar presentation
- Download the March 2021 webinar presentation
- Download the December 2020 webinar presentation
Review the State ELDT requirements. Download the SDLA Factsheet
Download the Countdown to ELDT Checklist for SDLAs
Need more information?
Check the Training Provider Registry frequently asked questions or contact us.